July 24, 2020
We remain safe and COVID-19 free. Great job everyone! Thank you for all your collective efforts. Keep up the good work!
We must continue to follow public health measures not only at work but while in the community to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Measures include: washing hands frequently, maintaining physical distance (two meters), wearing a mask if unable to maintain physical distance in crowded areas such as grocery stores, coughing/sneezing into your elbow/sleeve, avoiding large group gatherings, self-monitoring for symptoms and staying home if unwell. We continue to screen staff twice a shift as well as anyone coming and leaving West Court and South Court buildings. All staff wear personal protective equipment (masks and eye protection) while in resident care areas and residents are closely monitored for any symptoms indicating possible infection. Daily enhanced cleaning is done by the housekeeping team in all our buildings. Visitor restrictions are in place at this time. Thank you!
Check out -> BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool on-line at https://covid19.thrive.heath/
Just a couple of items to share since last week’s update:
- We are pleased to announce that family – social visits have started gradually in Assisted Living and West Court this week following a safety plan to ensure safety for residents, staff and visitors. In order for this to be successful we ask designated visitors to abide by the requirements set forth by KinVillage and to follow staff’s guidance. The safety plan is detailed and includes:
- One designated visitor.
- Visits are by appointment and take place in a designated area.
- Visitors are asked to perform a self-screen for any signs of illness before coming to KinVillage and once at KinVillage will be screened by a staff member.
- Visitors are required to wear their own mask at all times while visiting, to practice physical distancing during the visit and to perform hand hygiene before and after visiting.
- We will be monitoring the visits to ensure everyone’s safety.
- For Assisted Living please contact the Director of Housing or the Wellness Coordinator to schedule a visit.
- For West Court the Social Worker will be reaching out to designated visitors to schedule visits.
- In the mean-time Virtual Connections and Glass Door Visits continue:
- Glass Door bookings
Families will contact the Unit Clerk desk to book a glass door visit.
By phone at 604 943-0155 ext. 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
Mon – Fri from 9:00 am – 4:45pm.
- Virtual Connection bookings
Families will continue to contact the Director of Wellness at 604 943-0155 ext. 250 or by email email@example.com. Mon – Fri.
Thank you for helping us keep KinVillage COVID-19 free to date and for your patience as we thoughtfully prepare to welcome residents’ visitors.
- The re-opening of the salons in West Court and Assisted Living last week has been met with great joy by residents! Hairstylists Karen and Teresa are following strict public health and safety measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Residents are now able to participate in social and external activities that are aligned with general public health guidance. We do remind residents living in Assisted Living to continue practicing diligent public health safety measures when going out. These measures include but are not limited to: practicing physical distance (2 meters/6 feet apart), wearing a non-medical mask when in enclosed spaces and unable to maintain safe physical distance, washing hands or using hand sanitizer frequently, avoid touching your face, coughing/sneezing into your sleeve and staying home if feeling unwell or if your family member/friend has symptoms.
- As well, this week we reopened our main dining room by introducing three meal sittings for both lunch and supper, reduced tables, and reduced seating capacity in order to maintain our physical distancing, residents are enjoying being able to have their meals back in the dining room.
- Our Seniors Community Connector is available to assist seniors in Tsawwassen and Ladner who face a variety of challenges and need a little extra help to remain connected and engaged. If you or someone you know may benefit from speaking to someone to address concerns or just need to chat, please contact Genevieve Smith by phone at 236-880-4120 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re pleased to offer this support during the COVID-19 pandemic with funding from the United Way and as part of BC’s Safe Seniors Strong Communities initiative.
Sincere thanks this week to our community:
- A warm thank you to Wessun Supply and Angela Lowndes for another very generous donation of 100 faces shields to protect our staff.
Anyone who is sending notes of thanks that we can post for our staff – you lift our spirits!
p.s. If you would like to donate supplies, food or other items, please check with us first to ensure that there are no restrictions and that we will be able to accept your gift. Please contact Sue Satterthwaite, Communications & Executive Assistant at 604-943-0155 x238 or email@example.com.
Information Sources & Communication
Care Home – Resident Families: If you have not already added your e-mail address to our contact file, please call 604- 943-0155 ext. 221. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, KinVillage will provide a daily information release via e-mail and via internal postings.
Care Home – Resident Information – For regular inquiries about resident care, please continue to contact nursing staff. If there is a change in a resident’s health status, the Primary Contact will be notified by the nurse, as per our normal procedure.
Care Home – Connecting with Residents (Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp)
Bettina Salini – Director Wellness: 604-943-0155 ext 250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Home – General Issues or Concerns
Nadine Brown – Director of Care: 604-943-0155 ext 226 or email@example.com
Carol Howard – Director of Housing: 604-943-4805 ext 401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assisted Living Nurse: 604-943-4805 ext 412
Cynthia Langenberg – Director of Health Services: 604-943-0155 ext 232 or email@example.com
Donna Ellis – CEO: 604-306-2775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources of Additional Information:
We recommend the following links for current, accurate updates on the extent of the COVID-19 situation in our province.
www.News.gov.bc.ca – Ministry Updates
www.healthlink.bc.ca – HealthLink BC
Wishing you a safe and healthy July!