July 10, 2020
We remain safe and COVID-19 free. Great job everyone! Thank you for all your collective efforts. Keep up the good work!
Let’s not became complacent in following best practice measures to minimize the risk of transmission/infection. Measures include: maintaining physical distance (2 meters), active screening of staff and anyone coming into and leaving West Court and South Court buildings, vigilant monitoring of residents for any symptoms indicating possible infection, visitor restrictions, staying away from others if you are unwell and/or displaying symptoms such as coughing, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, eye infections etc., washing your hands frequently, practicing proper cough/sneeze etiquette, wearing personal protective equipment where appropriate such as masks and eye protection, and daily enhanced cleaning in all of our buildings by the housekeeping team. Thank you!
A few items to share since last week’s update:
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we diligently work on preparing detailed, written safety plans in order to support family/social visits with residents of Long-term Care and Assisted Living in the coming weeks. These plans will detail how we will meet the practice requirements and established criteria to ensure safety for residents, staff and visitors. For example: residents will have one designated family or friend as their visitor, a visiting area that supports physical distancing during the visit, arranging a pre-booking system as well as ensuring we have appropriate and sufficient staffing to oversee the visiting process including: scheduling appointments, screening visitors, coordinating the times and cleaning the room in-between visits, assisting visitors with infection prevention control practices and being available to assist with any questions / concerns.
In the meantime, visits
- For West Court residents: bookings for all glass door visits will go through the Unit Clerk desk. All virtual connection bookings will continue to go through the Director of Wellness.
- Glass Door bookings
Families will contact the Unit Clerk desk to book a glass door visit.
By phone at 604 943-0155 ext. 221 or email email@example.com;
Mon – Fri from 9:00 am – 4:45pm.
- Virtual Connection bookings
Families will continue to contact the Director of Wellness at 604 943-0155 ext. 250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday – Friday.
- Some good news for the Residents! Starting next week we will be gradually opening the hair salons in West Court and Assisted Living. Both hair stylists have submitted very thorough health and safety plans which have been approved. Teresa will be working out of West Court and Karen in Assisted Living. We know residents have been anxiously waiting for this moment!
- As of last week residents living in Assisted Living have been able to participate in social and external activities that are aligned with general public health guidance. We do remind residents living in Assisted Living to continue practicing diligent public health safety measures when going out. These measures include but are not limited to: practicing physical distance (2 meters/6 feet apart), wearing a non-medical mask when in enclosed spaces and unable to maintain safe physical distance, washing hands or using hand sanitizer frequently, avoid touching your face , coughing/sneezing into your sleeve and staying home if feeling unwell or if your family member/friend has symptoms.
- Our Seniors Community Connector is available to assist seniors in Tsawwassen and Ladner who face a variety of challenges and need a little extra help to remain connected and engaged. If you or someone you know may benefit from speaking to someone to address concerns or just need to chat, please contact Genevieve Smith by phone at 236-880-4120 or email: email@example.com. We’re pleased to offer this support during the COVID-19 pandemic with funding from the United Way and as part of BC’s Safe Seniors Strong Communities initiative.
Sincere thanks this week to our community: Anyone who is sending notes of thanks that we can post for our staff – you lift our spirits!
p.s. If you would like to donate supplies, food or other items, please check with us first to ensure that there are no restrictions and that we will be able to accept your gift. Please contact Sue Satterthwaite, Communications & Executive Assistant at 604-943-0155 x238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sources & Communication
Care Home – Resident Families: If you have not already added your e-mail address to our contact file, please call 604- 943-0155 ext. 221. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, KinVillage will provide a daily information release via e-mail and via internal postings.
Care Home – Resident Information – For regular inquiries about resident care, please continue to contact nursing staff. If there is a change in a resident’s health status, the Primary Contact will be notified by the nurse, as per our normal procedure.
Care Home – Connecting with Residents (Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp)
Bettina Salini – Director Wellness: 604-943-0155 ext 250 or email@example.com
Care Home – General Issues or Concerns
Nadine Brown – Director of Care: 604-943-0155 ext 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Howard – Director of Housing: 604-943-4805 ext 401 or email@example.com
Assisted Living Nurse: 604-943-4805 ext 412
Cynthia Langenberg – Director of Health Services: 604-943-0155 ext 232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Ellis – CEO: 604-306-2775 or email@example.com
Sources of Additional Information:
We recommend the following links for current, accurate updates on the extent of the COVID-19 situation in our province.
www.News.gov.bc.ca – Ministry Updates
www.healthlink.bc.ca – HealthLink BC
Wishing you a safe and healthy month of July!