KinVillage provides a caring home for 100 residents. Regardless of a resident’s needs and circumstances, we understand that KinVillage is their home and strive to not only provide excellent person-centred care, but to help each resident achieve their best possible quality of life. Strong relationships develop here which help our staff understand and respect each resident’s likes, dislikes, life paths and goals. The Gentle Care philosophy underlies our care for residents with dementia including in our special Parkview “neighbourhood” which is home to 18 residents with advanced dementia who benefit from its smaller, calmer and more secure environment. We are also sensitive in providing comfort care to those nearing the end of their lives. Our long-term care home is accredited by Accreditation Canada and our staffing levels are determined in conjunction with Fraser Health.
In addition to health services, residents benefit from living in a safe environment, receiving a full range of hospitality services (meals, housekeeping and laundry) and having opportunities to participate in a wide array of activities focused on various wellness dimensions. Residents’ families and friends are encouraged to visit and are most welcome to participate in their loved one’s home and the KinVillage community.
To receive publicly subsidized long-term care services, residents pay a monthly rate based on income subject to a minimum and maximum monthly rate. Monthly rates are calculated by multiplying “after tax income” (as defined in the Continuing Care Fees Regulation) by 80 per cent. For more information, please see: the Fraser Health Authority website.
Long-Term Care Home Details
- Professional nursing care available 24/7; Registered nurse on-site
- Medication administration
- Treatments as necessary
- Development and monitoring of therapeutic diets by part-time Dietician
- Rehabilitation programs through part-time Therapist and Rehab assistant
- Nurse call bell system in each room for health emergencies or personal assistance
- Visiting Foot Care Nurse, Dentist, and Optometrist as well as hearing clinics. These services are available at an extra charge.
- Regular help with daily activities such as dressing, grooming, nail care, transferring, toileting, mobility, eating and bathing.
- Assisted bathing is provided in special spa rooms for extra safety and comfort.
- Ceiling or other lifts are available to help with residents transfer in suites (e.g. from bed to wheelchair) or bathing rooms.
- Hairdressing services are available on site at additional costs.
- Three nutritious meals per day are prepared daily in our kitchen and served in the dining room located on the first floor. (Parkview residents eat in their own neighbourhood.)
- A variety of meal items are provided, as detailed on the posted seasonal menus. Monthly theme specials provide additional variety and an “Always Available” menu is provided to accommodate individual resident choice or preference.
- Diets for those with special needs, including Vegetarians and those on therapeutic diets (e.g. pureed food), can be accommodated.
- Tenants experiencing episodic illness or injury may have meals delivered to their room for a limited time.
- Snacks and refreshments are served between meals and in the evening.
- A light cleaning of suites, including ensuite bathrooms is provided daily with a more thorough weekly cleaning.
- Full laundry service is provided on the premises, including for personal clothing. (There is a one-time charge for labelling of clothing when moving in.)
- Residents have access to a wide range of activities hosted by recreation staff in West Court. Group programming addresses a range of wellness dimensions and includes physical exercise, mental aerobics, games, discussion groups, reminiscing, art therapy, music therapy, concerts and sing-a-longs, happy hours and bus outings.
- Individual activities include opportunities to do things that are normal and familiar (for example gardening) as well as visiting with a volunteer (e.g. hand massage)
- There are two large lounges located on the first floor, with two smaller lounges on the second floor. A few computers are available for resident use. In addition, there are three beautiful and secure garden areas where people can walk, relax and do some gardening if they wish.
- A church service is offered on-site each week as well as a bible study group.
- Residents and families also have access to our community centre next door and activities it offers. These include a variety of seniors’ focused programs and events (concerts, movies, billiards, book sale etc.), the Unique Boutique (gently worn clothing store) and the Buenos Dias Cafe (well-priced coffee/tea, meals and snacks).
- Pet visits are welcomed and encouraged.
West Court is home to all 100 residents. All suites are private with an ensuite sink and toilet and are approximately 200 sq. ft. Each suite can be personalized with decorations (e.g. pictures, photos) and some furnishings (e.g. TV, favourite chair, or other small items). All suites are equipped with a call bell.
Smoking is not allowed within the building. There are designated outdoor smoking areas for residents who are able to manage safely. While we welcome visits from pets, they are not permitted to live in the suites. For the safety of all residents, the use of electric wheelchairs and scooters are not permitted inside the building.
There are 4 residential buildings and a senior’s community centre on the KinVillage site. All buildings are close walking distance to one another and quite close to most amenities. In West Court, there are three lovely enclosed garden patio areas.