KinVillage’s Assisted Living housing provides a secure and caring environment. It is an extremely friendly place where friendships flourish, interests grow and people enjoy life. Its inclusions of hospitality services, health services and wellness support make it possible to maintain optimum independence and live a very high quality of life.
To receive publicly subsidized assisted living services, residents pay a monthly rate based on income (and the income of a spouse, if applicable), subject to a minimum and maximum monthly rate. Monthly rates are calculated by multiplying “after tax income” (as defined in the Continuing Care Fees Regulation) by 70 per cent. There is an additional monthly charge of $18 for Hydro. For more information, please see: the Fraser Health Authority website.
Hospitality services include meals, housekeeping and some laundry. Regular health services include medication and health care assistance, including a 24-hour on-site response for emergency health needs.
Recreational services include a dedicated program run by a Recreation Coordinator onsite. Various daily scheduled activities are available for anyone who wishes to participate.
Assisted Living Details
The assisted living apartments at KinVillage provide older adults with a level of service and support that provides security and independence. The program is accredited by Accreditation Canada. Here is an overview of what services and supports are included:
- Two meals per day (lunch and dinner) are provided in the dining room located on the first floor. Serving times allow for reasonable flexibility. Breakfast is available for an additional fee.
- A variety of meal items are provided, as detailed on the posted seasonal menus. Monthly theme specials provide additional variety and an “Always Available” menu is provided to accommodate individual resident choice or preference.
- Diets for those with special needs, including Vegetarians, can be accommodated. Tenants experiencing episodic illness or injury may have meals delivered to their room for a limited time.
- Coffee/tea and snacks are served each afternoon.
- ½ hour of light suite cleaning and changing of linens once per week at a scheduled time.
- Flat linens and towels are laundered once per week.
- If residents are unable to do their personal laundry using the complimentary laundry rooms on each floor, an additional laundry service is available for a fee.
- Medication reminders or assistance with taking medications
- Treatments as necessary
- Nurse on site 15 hours per day
- 24-hour emergency response service linked directly to on-site staff (pendant and wall unit in suite)
- Regular help with daily activities such as dressing, grooming, nail care, mobility, eating and bathing. If needed, assistance is provided with a weekly shower in suite. Extra showers or bathing services, in an accessible bath tub located in one of two on-site spas, are available at an extra charge.
- Foot care and hairdressing services are available on-site at additional costs. Residents must book appointments to see the Foot Care Nurse or Hairdresser.
- A resident lounge, meeting room and large patio overlooking the adjacent park are located on the first floor. Smaller lounges are located on each of the other two floors, offering a small library and a computer for resident use. A church service is offered on-site the first Sunday of each month.
- Residents enjoy a free membership to our community centre next door and have access to activities it offers. These include a variety of seniors’ focused programs, events (movies, dances, book sale etc.), the Unique Boutique (gently used clothing store) and the BUENOS DIAS CAFÉ (well-priced coffee/tea, meals and snacks).
- Assisted Living Residents have access to senior-focused programming through their own recreation program (fitness, games, art, happy hour, music, bus outings etc.)
South Court is home to all Assisted Living residents – and it really feels like home. With 68 suites (ranging from 430 sq. ft to 550 sq. ft.), these private, lockable apartments provide a comfortable environment. The larger suites are available for couples.
All apartments are self-contained unfurnished one bedroom suites with safe bathroom features, a full kitchen including a fridge and stove, living and dining areas as well as a private balcony or patio. LifeLine provides help and security with a wearable pendant and wall-mounted call units in all suites and stairwells.
Buildings are non-smoking with designated outdoor smoking areas. While we welcome visits from pets, they are not permitted to live in the suites. Electric wheelchairs designed for indoor use are permitted in the building. Scooters can be used outside only: Parking and plug-ins in designated areas on the first floor. Free vehicle parking is available to residents and visitors in undesignated spots. Telephone service is available at an additional charge of $20 per month.
KinVillage is comprised of 4 residential buildings and a community centre. All buildings are close walking distance to one another and are in close proximity to most amenities: A nearby bus stop, a grocery store, several banks, a mall and a medical building are a five to ten minute walk away. The adjacent Winskill Park offers seniors outdoor fitness equipment and an aquatic and fitness facility also, just minutes away. Many people walk to do grocery shopping or to their health appointments. Others have vehicles of their own for which onsite parking is available. Bus outings may also be available to provide an opportunity for residents to shop at nearby malls or to attend church.