Visits Restricted to:
Example: to provide compassionate care for a resident who is actively dying – in person by one family member or friend at a time. Contact the nurse.
Virtual Visit (Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp)
To arrange a visit, contact the Bettina Salini, Director of Wellness at 604 943-0155 ext. 250 or by email email@example.com. Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm.
Glass Door Visit
May be arranged through firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-943-0155 ext 220, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Social Visit (in-person on site)
By one designated visitor (family member or friend) in a designated visiting area, by appointment through email@example.com or 604-943-0155 ext 290.
- Visitors are asked to perform a self-screen for any signs of illness before coming to KinVillage and once at KinVillage will be screened by a staff member. Please arrive 15 minutes before to allow time for you to access the visiting area where staff will meet you and complete the screening process.
- Visitors are required to wear their own mask at all times while visiting, to practice physical distancing during the visit and to perform hand hygiene before and after visiting.
- We will be monitoring the visits to ensure everyone’s safety.
For more information and answers to your questions on Family and Social visits please see:
- Fraser Health’s COVID-19 Questions – Long Term Care and Assisted Living. Information for families of people living in long term care and assisted living link:
Fraser Health Long Term Care Questions
- Alzheimer Society of BC Alzheimer Society of BC
We recommend visitors complete the Family Caregivers of BC and SafeCare BC COVID-19: Social Visitation Essentials Course. It is a self-paced, on-line course intended for those who are visiting in person. To learn more on how to be well prepared for visits during COVID-19 pandemic please visit:
Family Caregivers BC
- Families may drop off non-perishable food (i.e. with a long shelf life that does not require refrigeration) and essential NEW personal care items (e.g. toiletries such as soap, lotion, toothpaste) for residents.
- If you are experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath, other respiratory symptoms, GI symptoms or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please do not drop off items until fully recovered.
- Place items in a large Ziplock bag and clearly labelled with the resident’s name and date. A staff member will wipe the outside of the bag and set it aside for 48 hours before giving to the resident.
- Items can be dropped off in the large grey bin located at the front entrance of West Court Monday to Friday from 10am to 3pm; the bin is checked every couple of hours during these times.
- Clothing delivered will be laundered onsite and labeled before giving to resident.
- Potted plants and flowers are allowed ONLY FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS. Staff will disinfect the exterior surface (plastic wrapping, or container).
- Residents are strongly advised to not leave the building, limiting outings to essential medical appointments only. Residents who must leave are actively screened upon return.
- Recreational activities continue and have been modified to support physical distancing. The focus is now on offering more and shorter programs for small to medium sized groups and ensuring all residents continue to have opportunities to participate. Group bus outings into the community have been cancelled as have all outside entertainers and presenters.
- New residents may move in however must remain in isolation in their suites for 14 days.
- If you are the primary contact for a resident and have not already provided us with your e-mail address, please call 604- 943-0155 ext. 221 to be added to our contact distribution list. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak at our Care Home, KinVillage will provide a regular information release via e-mail.
- For resident information including regular inquiries about resident care, please continue to contact nursing staff. If there is a change in a resident’s health status, the Primary Contact will be notified by the nurse, as per our normal procedure.
- For general issues or concerns, please continue to contact Nadine Brown, Director of Care at 604-943-0155 ext 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.