General Preventative Measures at KinVillage
As the province continues to respond and manage the COVID-19 pandemic, KinVillage continues to update and follow the revised restrictions, policy amendments and guidance set out by the Ministry of Health, Fraser Health, BC Housing and the City of Delta. The following general measures are reflective of the Ministry of Health’s directions effective July 19, 2021:
Updated general measures include:
- staff who are fully immunized are no longer required to wear a mask and eye protection unless it is clinically indicated. Staff who are fully immunized may still chose to wear a mask. Staff who are not immunized or not fully immunized will continue to wear a mask and eye protection.
- encouraging frequent and meticulous hand hygiene (there are numerous hand sanitizing stations)
- continued measures to maintain physical distancing (2 meters)
- signage at strategic locations reminding of important precautions such as: respiratory etiquette to help “stop the spread”, physical distancing, do not enter if ill, hand hygiene
- continued cleaning twice daily of frequent/high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, railings, elevator buttons etc.) in all of our buildings
- reviewing our volunteers ensuring those who wish to continue volunteering are fully immunized before starting and that volunteers are assigned to a specific building.
Specifically in our Care Home (West Court) and Assisted Living residence (South Court):
- active screening for symptoms of staff daily and anyone else coming into the buildings; building entry is via a single entrance
- vigilant monitoring of residents and ongoing self-monitoring by staff for any symptoms indicating possible infection
- prompt testing and isolation of anyone (staff or residents) displaying symptoms until results indicate they do not have an infection
- visitor screening prior to entry and are advised of mask requirements. Visits may occur in resident rooms/suites or outside
- adapting recreation programs to ensure physical distancing is maintained
- continuing single site staffing, implemented May 15th, as part of a provincial initiative for the safety of residents and staff, that restricts staff to work in only one long-term care home or assisted living residence