July 31, 2020
- COVID-19 free for 136 days since the public health emergency was declared in BC March 17, 2020.
Social visits for Care Home and Assisted Living residents with their designated visitors have begun and are going well. Although we continue to await the promised government funding to support visits, we are doing our best to provide as many visits as possible at this time. Parkview garden visits started this week and the number of in-person visits in all three areas is gradually increasing.
We thank residents, their visitors and our staff for their patience and understanding as we cautiously facilitate these visits. Thanks for your commitment to following the visiting rules so we can continue to provide these visits safely. We are carefully monitoring how the visits are going and are happy to receive suggestions about what might make them even better. We know how important these connections are and this has been reinforced by the following examples of feedback we’ve received:
- Are able to connect better
- Happy to enjoy the time outside together
- More private and able to hear one another better
- Visit went by fast and really enjoyed it
- “We had a great visit. He was so happy to be able to sit outside.”
A reminder that visits must be booked in advance:
- For Assisted Living – through Director of Housing Carol Howard or Wellness Coordinator Pushpa Persaud
- For the Care Home, Social Worker Anna Shott continues to reach out to designated visitors
To be well-prepared for visits, visitors are encouraged to check out the Family Caregivers of BC and SafeCare BC COVID-19: Social Visitation Essentials Course. It’s a self-paced, online course intended for those who are visiting a family member or friend residing in long-term care or assisted living. To learn more visit:
- Hair is looking good! We’re seeing lots of happy residents with new haircuts and styles in South and West Courts. It’s great having Karen and Teresa back.
Let’s all continue to keep safe and well through August!