September 4, 2020
- We made it 170 days COVID-free. Unfortunately we learned today that a staff member in our Assisted Living residence has tested positive.
- With one positive COVID-19 case, KinVillage Assisted Living is now considered in outbreak.
- KinVillage Care Home, Vidal and North Courts are not affected.
A reminder that staff are allowed, under the Single Site Order, to work in EITHER an Assisted Living Residence OR a Care Home. With rare exception, staff working in our Assisted Living residence do not work in our Care Home. For the few exceptions initially granted by Fraser Health’s Medical Health Officer for select maintenance and management staff – these staff will now be restricted from entering specific buildings during the outbreak.
- We have been communicating with Public Health and will be working closely with Fraser Health to protect the health our residents and staff.
- Immediate measures taken in South Court this morning included restriction of activities and movement of residents within the building, restrictions on residents leaving the building, as well as restricted entrance into South Court. VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SOUTH COURT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. (The visitor of someone nearing end of life is an exception.)
- The measures taken today are in addition to important measures already in place – such as appropriate use of personal protective equipment by staff and enhanced cleaning. All residents and staff continue to be closely monitored for symptoms.
- We will continue to providing information and regular updates, particularly to those most directly impacted by this outbreak – Assisted Living residents, their families, and our staff.
We thank everyone for their patience and support as we manage this situation and focus on our priority of ensuring the safety of those we serve as well as our staff.