September 22, 2020
- Since the outbreak in South Court was declared on Sept 3, a total of four individuals tested positive for COVID-19 (1 staff member and three residents).
- The most recent positive case, a resident living on 2nd floor, was identified on September 17 and is being closely monitored and supported by staff. This new case triggered a testing of all the Residents living on 2nd floor as a precautionary measure as directed by the Medical Health Officer.
- There are no other symptomatic residents and staff as of this afternoon.
- Results from testing of residents on 3rd and 2nd floor have all come back negative for COVID-19.
- Results from testing of staff have also all come back negative for COVID-19.
- These results are very encouraging but a word of caution as we also know how quickly circumstances can change with this very contagious disease.
- All restrictive measures, including visits, remain in place at South Court.
- The duration of the outbreak is typically 28 days after the last case (i.e. Sept 17) and at the discretion of the Medical Health Officer.
- The health and safety of our residents and staff remain our #1 priority. We all know COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can be deadly. We are grateful for the dedication and skills of our staff, augmented by additional expertiseT and significant resources from Fraser Health.
- Our other residences – West Court/Care Home, North Court and Vidal Court – are NOT affected by the outbreak in South Court.
- We will continue to provide information and regular updates, particularly to those most directly impacted by this outbreak – Assisted Living residents, their families, and our staff.
We thank everyone for their patience and support as we manage this situation and focus on our priority of ensuring the safety of those we serve as well as our staff.