September 18, 2020
- A COVID-19 outbreak was declared in South Court by Public Health on September 3rd. To date, 3 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 – one staff member who is isolating at home, and two residents, one of whom has sadly died in hospital.
- As of this morning, there are no new COVID-19 positive cases in South Court. The health and safety of our residents and staff remain our #1 priority. We are grateful for the dedication and skills of our staff, augmented by additional expertise and significant resources from Fraser Health.
- All restrictive measures, including visits, remain in place at South Court.
- The duration of the outbreak is typically 28 days after the last case (i.e. September 11) subject to any new symptomatic/positive cases and at the discretion of the Medical Health Officer.
- Our other residences – West Court/Care Home, North Court and Vidal Court – are NOT affected by the outbreak in South Court.
- As a reminder, on May 15, 2020 at the direction of the Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and in collaboration with Fraser Health, the Single Site Order, a Public Health measure restricting staff from working in more than one long-term care or assisted living site was implemented. This public health measure restricts staff from working in more than one location and helps reduce the risk of staff spreading COVID-19 to older adults living in congregate settings. KinVillage has been working under this single-site order since implementation ensuring staff work at one site only.
- In preparation for the cooler fall and winter months, we are pleased to announce our new visiting room for our West Court care home for one-on-one in-person visits is almost complete! A door is being installed that will allow visitors to enter from the outside and visit with their loved ones indoors.
Wishing you a safe and healthy weekend!