September 15, 2020
- A COVID-19 outbreak was declared in South Court by Public Health on September 3rd.
- KinVillage South Court is home to 68 assisted living residents as well as 11 independent living tenants.
- To date, 3 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 – one staff member who is isolating at home, and two residents.
- Sadly, one of these residents died yesterday. This is heartbreaking news for our KinVillage community. Our deepest condolences are with the resident’s family and friends; we share their sorrow though not the depth of their loss.
- As of this morning, there are no new COVID-19 positive cases in South Court. We do however have a large volume of outstanding test results for residents and staff who were swabbed on the weekend. These swabs were taken at the direction of Fraser Health as a precautionary measure after the two residents tested positive on Saturday.
- The health and safety of our residents and staff remain our #1 priority. We all know COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that can be deadly. We are grateful for the dedication and skills of our staff, augmented by additional expertise and significant resources from Fraser Health.
- All restrictive measures, including visits, remain in place at South Court.
- Our other residences – West Court/Care Home, North Court and Vidal Court – are NOT affected by the outbreak in South Court.