September 13, 2020
- As previously communicated, a COVID-19 outbreak was declared on September 3, 2020 in KinVillage South Court. South Court is home to our assisted living residents as well as some independent living residents.
- Since the outbreak was declared, we have been working closely with the Fraser Health enhanced outbreak team to identify anyone who may have been exposed and to take steps to protect the health of all residents and staff.
- One important ongoing step is the close monitoring of all residents and staff in South Court for symptoms, followed by testing for anyone who develops symptoms. Today, unfortunately two additional cases of COVID-19 were confirmed. Those affected have been notified, are receiving the care needed, and remain in isolation.
- As a precautionary measure, Fraser Health has directed that some residents and all staff members in South Court be swabbed and tested for COVID-19.
- All restrictive measures for South Court remain in place.
- The health and safety of our residents and staff is our first priority and a responsibility we take very seriously. We will provide further information as circumstances in South Court change.
- A reminder that our other residences (West Court/Care Home, North Court and Vidal Court) are NOT affected by the outbreak in South Court.