September 11, 2020
There have been no additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Court, KinVillage’s
assisted living residence, since the outbreak was declared on September 3ʳᵈ.
• All residents and staff members are being regularly monitored for symptoms.
• We continue to work very closely with Fraser Health through this period.
• All restrictive measures in place to control the outbreak apply to all residents of South
Court, including 69 assisted living and 11 independent tenants.
• The duration of the COVID-19 outbreak is two full incubation periods, or 28 days, following
identification of the most recent positive case. (Fraser Health adds 14 days to the first 14-day
period to ensure the site is COVID-free.) If there are no more confirmed cases in the days ahead
(that is our goal!), we expect the outbreak will be officially declared over on October 1ˢᵗ. The
length of time to conclude an outbreak may be reduced or extended at the direction of the Medical
• A reminder that social visits to South Court are not allowed during the outbreak.
• When dropping off food items for residents please:
▪ Use plastic grocery-type bags (easy to wipe down ). No cloth/canvas-type bags.
▪ Write suite number on plastic bags.
▪ Leave bags on shelf outside and staff will bring inside. To maintain physical distancing.
Other residences (West Court/Care Home, North Court and Vidal Court) are NOT affected by the
outbreak in South Court.
For more information and answers to your questions on Family and Social visits please see
Fraser Health’s COVID-19 Questions – Long Term Care and Assisted Living. Information for families
of people living in long term care and assisted living Link:
We are very grateful for the many messages of encouragement we have received from the community via the KinVillage Facebook page, community pages, local media and the supportive emails from family members and loved ones of our residents. Thank you!
Have a safe and happy weekend!