October 9, 2020
For comprehensive Information about COVID-19 and KinVillage, go to www.kinvillage.org
- Update on South Court COVID-19 Outbreak:
- We’ve made it another week with no new symptomatic/positive cases in residents nor staff. Subject to any new symptomatic/positive cases, and at the discretion of the Medical Health Officer, we remain cautiously optimistic that the outbreak will be declared over later next week (i.e. 28 days after the last positive case was confirmed on September 17th).
- All restrictive measures remain in place for now.
- Delta Hospital COVID-19 Outbreak:
- In light of the current COVID-19 outbreak at Delta Hospital, Fraser Health medical health officers are temporarily restricting concurrent work at Delta Hospital and long-term care and assisted living sites. This means the very few staff who had been working at KinVillage (care home or assisted living) and Delta Hospital will be allowed to work at only one of these sites for the duration of the hospital outbreak.
- Care Home Social Visits:
- We know how important family/social visits are for care home residents and their visitors. We are working to refine our in-person visiting program to provide a seamless process for scheduling visits and to maximize use of our available resources, both space and staff time.
- In order to facilitate the high demand for social indoor visits (by a single designated visitor per resident) and glass-door visits, KinVillage is in the process of hiring two visitor hosts and additional care staff. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition and the hiring of additional staff members.
- Please send visit requests to our new email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message on our new family visitor line 604-943-0155 x290.
- Community Centre:
- The City of Delta is currently offering Fitness Programs in the Community Centre. Online registration is required to attend these classes. Please visit https://deltareg.ca/Start/Start.asp.
- Preventative measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of all users – e.g. participant screening, signage reminding of physical distancing, frequent enhanced cleaning of the building and equipment, hand sanitizing stations, PPE wear, limiting number of participants per class and one class at a time, restricted traffic flow with separate entrance and exit.
- Buenos Dias Café- Take-Out & Catering will open for business starting October 15th All customer service to the public will be offered from the outside kitchen door of the building, facing the parking lot. There will be no entry to the Centre and the café remains closed.