October 30, 2020
Housekeeping at KinVillage:
- Housekeeping continues to perform enhanced cleaning in all buildings including West Court, South Court, North and Vidal Courts and the Community Center. This is in addition to regular cleaning duties.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols include disinfecting all high-touch point surfaces in resident rooms and in common areas such as door handles, phones, elevator buttons, hand rails, tap handles, reception areas, offices, and many other touch points in all areas twice daily.
- 12, 000 steps a day, just for this undertaking
Delta Hospital COVID-19 Outbreak Over:
- Now that the COVID-19 outbreak at Delta Hospital is over, Fraser Health medical health officers have removed the temporary restriction of concurrent work at Delta Hospital and long-term care and assisted living sites. This means the very few staff who had been affected are now allowed to work at both the Delta Hospital acute care site and KinVillage (long term care or assisted living) as per the Single Site Order.
Reminder – Personal Health Checks:
- It is important that we continue to pay close attention to how we are feeling, by doing our own daily personal health checks, and if we are feeling unwell to stay home and away from others. If you have any symptoms, contact 811 or your health care provider to arrange for testing. The health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority
- Which is exactly what Sylvia thought. After seeing a family visitor with an updated hair colour of pink and purple, she decided to go for it! Check out Sylvia’s fun new colour – a gorgeous blue that matches her bright blue eyes. Thank you for reminding us all in such a positive way how we should enjoy life to the fullest!