October 23, 2020
- Residents of West Court – Care Home and South Court – Assisted Living will be receiving their flu shots over the next few weeks. This year residents will be receiving the Fluzone® High-Dose vaccine. This is an inactivated influenza vaccine approved for use in adults 65 years of age and older. It contains four times the antigen of a standard-dose influenza vaccine. This extra antigen is used to create a stronger immune response in older people to provide better protection against influenza.
- To find out where you can get your flu shot please contact your local pharmacist, health care provider or check out the South Delta Public Health Unit or on-line at BC Flu Clinic Locator
- Residents living in West Court and South Court who wished to exercise their right to vote were able to do so. Voting was carried out using mail-in voting packages and residents were assisted to vote following approved processes by Elections BC, the Ministry of Health and the Office of the Provincial Health Office.
Care Home Social Visits:
- We are pleased to let families know that we will now have In-Person visits Monday through Friday from 11:15am to 6:15pm – just in time for the cooler winter months! We know how important family/social visits are for care home residents and their visitors and we appreciate your patience as we hired additional staff so residents can regularly visit with their loved ones. We are still offering glass door visits to non-designated visitors.
- Please send requests for in-person and glass door visits to email@example.com or by leaving a message on our family visitor line 604-943-0155 x 290 between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm.
Reminder – Personal Health Checks:
- It is important that we continue to pay close attention to how we are feeling, by doing our own daily personal health checks, and if we are feeling unwell to stay home and away from others. If you have any symptoms, contact 811 or your health care provider to arrange for testing. The health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority!