February 18, 2022
West Court – As at today, there are 6 new COVID-19 positive residents and 9 results pending. The current total of residents positive for COVID-19 is 16: 11 residents in Parkview neighborhood, 3 on 1st floor neighborhood and 2 on 2CD neighborhood.
The first resident case discovered on February 14th is recovering and will be out of isolation February 19th.
As well, 10 staff tested positive with COVID-19 and are isolating at home for 5 days as per public health guidelines.
KinVillage continues to work closely with Fraser Heath Infection Prevention and Control Consultants as well as Public Health and I am pleased to report that Fraser Health is providing us with additional staffing support as we go into the long weekend.
We remain on enhanced monitoring:
- Residents and staff are screened twice daily
- If anyone starts showing symptoms they are tested
- Only residents that test positive for COVID-19 are isolated in their room and placed on contact precautions
- The period of isolation is 5 days unless they continue to have symptoms
- Residents with no symptoms are not isolated
- Communal dining is stopped and residents are served meals in their room
- Group activities are stopped
- Essential Visitors only in Parkview neighborhood. All other neighborhoods are allowed visitors including residents who tested positive.
Fortunately, symptoms have been mild for both residents and staff in large part due to excellent vaccination rates.