December 18, 2020
- South Court: Public health has directed us to closely monitor residents and staff in South Court and to apply some further restrictions based upon possible exposure to the virus after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week. An outbreak is not declared. All residents living on the 1st floor have been instructed to isolate for 14 days after the date on which the asymptomatic staff member last worked here.
- On Tuesday, 1st floor residents were swabbed for COVID-19. We are relieved to report the good news received yesterday – all results were negative. Although these results are very welcome, we know how quickly things can change with this very contagious disease and will continue closely monitoring residents. We are hopeful that our ongoing preventative measures (e.g. diligent hand washing, physical distancing, appropriate use of personal protective equipment such as masks), that are designed to reduce the risk of virus transmission, will be effective and that the requirement for 1st floor residents to isolate will end on December 24th.
- Vaccines: We are excited about recent vaccine news in the media. Fraser Health began vaccinating some health care workers on Tuesday, in Abbotsford. The timeline for our staff, Care Home and Assisted Living residents is unknown at this time. It will be determined by Fraser Health as it receives more vaccines in the weeks ahead. We’ll share more information once received from Fraser Health.
- Community Centre: The City of Delta suspended all in-person fitness programs, including those being offered in the KinVillage Community Centre, following orders from B.C.’s Public Health Officer on November 7th. Given uncertainty about the state of the pandemic in BC and evolving provincial health orders, the City has decided to cancel all in-person group fitness classes until, at best, mid to late February.
- Acts of Kindness: We are so grateful for the many gestures of kindness extended to KinVillage residents and staff over the past months. This week, employees of the City of Delta thoughtfully provided numerous Christmas gifts to brighten the spirits of residents of our Care Home.
If you are thinking about making a charitable donation prior to the end of 2020, please consider a contribution to KinVillage’s COVID-19 Fund. This fund supports enhanced safety practices during the pandemic, augments resident wellness activities including facilitating virtual connections with loved ones, and helps recognize and encourage our amazing staff. See KinVillage Donations for more information and to donate on-line by credit card. Donations by cheques payable to KinVillage Association may be mailed or dropped off to 5410 10th Avenue, Delta, BC V4M 3X8. Thank you for your kind consideration.