August 28, 2020
- COVID-free for 164 days since the public health emergency was declared in BC on March 17, 2020.
- B.C. seniors advocate Isobel Mackenzie has launched a survey asking long-term-care and assisted-living residents and their families about their experiences with COVID-19 restrictions. KinVillage will be distributing the letter to residents and family with instructions on how to access the survey from the Office of the Seniors Advocate. If residents require assistance with completing the survey please ask family to assist or contact the office of the Seniors Advocate. The survey can be completed online at carehomevisits.ca or downloaded, printed and mailed in. To request a copy of the survey in the mail, or to complete the survey over the phone, contact the Office of the Seniors Advocate at 1-877-952-3181.
- Visits – A reminder that visits must be booked in advance:
- Assisted Living through Director of Housing Carol Howard or Wellness Coordinator Pushpa Persaud
- Care Home
- Social Visits – Social WorkerAnna Shott continues to reach out to designated visitors.
- Glass door visits may be arranged through reception (email@example.com or 604-943-0155 ext 221). Due to the volume of requests we will respond as soon as possible.
We recommend visitors complete the Family Caregivers of BC and SafeCare BC COVID-19: Social Visitation Essentials Course. It is a self-paced, on-line course intended for those who are visiting. To learn more on how to be well prepared for visits during COVID-19 pandemic please visit: