August 10, 2021
West Court/Care Home: On August 7, the Fraser Health Medical Health Officer declared an outbreak in the Parkview neighborhood, which is home to 18 residents, after testing revealed one resident positive for COVID-19. This was further to a staff member who works in Parkview testing positive late last week. All residents in Parkview were retested on Monday August 9th and unfortunately today we learned that a second resident has tested positive. No other staff members working in Parkview have received a positive test. The outbreak is limited to the Parkview neighborhood; no other neighborhoods in the Care Home and no other KinVillage buildings are affected.
As a result of the outbreak and as directed by Public Health, until further notice in Parkview only:
- Residents are, as best as possible, remaining in their rooms
- Social visits to Parkview are currently on hold
- Parkview residents and staff working in Parkview will be retested on Monday August 16
- Residents and staff are being closely monitored for any signs/symptoms
- Staffing is being arranged so that employees who work in Parkview don’t work in other areas of the care home, and vice versa
In addition, all Care Home staff are wearing masks and googles.
We are working closely with Fraser Health, whose support includes additional staffing resources in the Care Home. We are all hopeful that the high rates of vaccination of both residents and staff, combined with other infection prevention and control measures in place, will be effective in reducing potential virus transmission and protect the safety of residents and staff.
Stay safe, be kind and thank you for your continued support.