Day Programs for Older Adults (DPOA) are an important part of the health care continuum. They support clients to remain in their own homes as long as possible by providing a variety of therapeutic and supportive services to clients and their families. To improve client health and wellbeing, DPOA programs assist with:
Cognitive Functioning: maintenance and/or improvement of cognitive ability and mood
Health Monitoring: health maintenance through assessing, monitoring and reporting vital signs, blood sugars, skin integrity, nutrition, hydration, and personal care concerns as well as providing health education to clients and caregivers.
Caregiver Support: maintenance and /or improvement of caregiver wellbeing through supportive education and care respite
At KinVillage, the program is available 6 days a week for older adults living in South Delta who have established a need through a Fraser Health Authority assessment. Our DPOA offers the following:
- Personal care services that support clients in their activities of daily living (ADLs). Clients may receive assistance with toileting, personal hygiene, hair cutting and styling at our on-site salon, foot care, eating, medication administration, therapeutic bathing and up to 2 person transfer assistance if needed.
- Health care & monitoring by a nurse (LPN) including monitoring for changes in symptoms of chronic disease (e.g. weight, glucose, blood pressure, heart rate, pain), mobility risk assessments, medication management, and basic wound care.
- Health and community resource information/presentations.
- Social interaction and a wide variety of recreational group activities including for example: card and sport games (snooker, etc.), daily exercise, sing-a-longs, special entertainers, various celebrations, reminiscing, bus outings. There is also opportunity to participate in activities at our KinVillage Community Centre.
- Art and music therapy.
- Lunch and a morning snack.
- Caregiver support, including respite, information and education resources.
- Travel assistance to the program via HandyDART
Program Times: Monday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.View Calendar for OCTOBER 2018
DAY PROGRAM FOR ADULTS ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
In South Delta, services are accessed through the Fraser Health Authority. Please visit: http://www.fraserhealth.ca/your-care/home-and-community-care/home-health-services/day-programs-for-older-adults/day-programs-for-older-adults
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE KINVILLAGE PROGRAM
Please contact Fraser Health Authority’s Home Health Care’s office at 1-855-412-2121 or visit: http://www.fraserhealth.ca/find-us/services/our-services?program_id=10189 to set up an assessment.
GENERAL ELIBILITY CRITERIA FOR HOME AND COMMUNITY SERVICES IN B.C.
If you still require more information about this program at KinVillage, please call us at 604-943-0155 ext 237.